Monday, September 23, 2013

A Reason to Give Thanks of my 116th Visit

my new job
I was tired last Saturday but not dead tired like I was the week before so I made the effort to attend Vespers and I am glad I did. It is always good to Worship! I especially wanted to make sure I went to Vespers this Saturday in order to give thanks for God because, after ten months of unemployment, I got a job! Yes, a job! Now, vacations are fun but ten months is long enough. I got hired by the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) as a Transportation Security Officer. It is a federal job that starts out part-time but I am hopeful that I can go full time soon. At least I got my foot in the door, as they say.

So my heart was full of gratitude, as we chanted the Psalms.  I was sad that I missed the Feast of the Elevation of the Cross. We began this Vespers by venerating the Cross before Fr. Gary switched out the Cross for a different Icon. But, I was exhausted last Friday due to some running around I have been doing.

So, thank God, for my new job! I will let you all know how I am doing.

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations! My cousin held that type of job for quite awhile and really enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations indeed!
    I love the "Before Thy Cross," glad you got to hear it and venerate the Cross.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mimi,
    hopefully my new schedule will allow me to go to Vespers.

    ReplyDelete