Thursday, July 21, 2011

New book worth reading!

Hello, loyal readers! Fr Andrew Stephen Damick has written a book called Orthodoxy and Heterodoxy and I highly recommend it! But, wait, you haven't read it yet! How can you recommend it? Well, Fr Andrew did a series on Ancient Faith Radio with the same title and I thoroughly enjoyed it. In it, he explained different groups and sects and explains what they believe and how it relates to Orthodox teaching. An excellent and fascinating handling of the subject. So this book is well worth reading. Not only will it strengthen your faith but it will make you knowledgeable of other belief systems allowing you to always be ready to give a defense to everyone who asks you a reason for the hope that is in you, with meekness and fear; as St. Peter advises in his First epistle.

So go here and get it! http://wp.me/prN4b-iY

(Disclosure: Yes I posted this so I could be in the running for a free autographed copy of the book but everything I said is true...BUY THE BOOK. I am, unless, of course, if I win it)

4 comments:

  1. I recently finished this book and it's as every bit as good as the AFR Podcasts. It's now in circulation within my cirlce of OC Buddies. I highly recommend it.

    -Nektarios

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neltarios,
    thanks for the review! If I don't win the book, I'm buying it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I appreciated the podcast, and left a few comments on Fr. Andrew's site about one or two sections. I'll be interested in reading your take on the book, if you get it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bill,
    I imagine the read will be just as enlightening as Fr Andrew's podcast episodes so my take will be nothing but glowing!

    I, hopefully, will order the book next week when I get paid...I'll keep you posted!

    ReplyDelete