Sunday, June 6, 2010

Didn't make it to vespers last night!

...but I wanted to. I have been working for the Air Force this weekend (actually it is our block training which began thursday and ends today) and I had planned to show up at Vespers after work, first coming home for a quick bite and to spend some time with the family but a friend of mine, Tony,- his father passed away due to cancer and I had to go to Freehold to attend the wake. I could have gone after the wake but I hadn't yet seen my family and I also had to say good bye to my sister who was visiting from Georgia.

I realize that sometimes family obligations will keep me from Vespers but, in my heart, I really wanted to be there. That, I suppose, is a good thing. It means that Orthodoxy is working on me (Or, rather, the Holy Spirit) drawing me to the ancient faith.

Next week, God willing, I will make it to Vespers.
Lord have mercy!

No comments:

Post a Comment