Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Visit 189 ~ Back to Liturgy!

Good to be back to Liturgy!
photo by Christopher Sessums, used under the creative commons license.
check out more photos here:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/csessums/
Here is a link to the original photo:
https://flic.kr/p/8yQjbv

Divine Liturgy last Sunday was, well, Divine! It's been a two weeks since my last liturgy because of things I had going on. I did, however, attend my protestant parish but it was really good to be back to liturgy. This is the second time I forgot to bring my Divine Liturgy book from home but I was able to follow along pretty well just by paying attention.

Do you ever find yourself thinking that the homily was especially good and then, days later, you cannot recall what it was about? Well, that is where I find myself now. Here it is Wednesday and I remember thinking the homily was good and beneficial and, now, I cannot remember the content. Annoying, eh?  I guess that is why we need to constantly be in attendance at Church, because we are a forgetful people.

One thing I do remember clearly is at the end of the service when the Faithful sometimes bring me the bread of fellowship (I know there is another name for it but I can't remember), someone handed one piece to Joanne who was standing next to me. She only had one piece and that person knew Joanne and didn't know me so that makes sense, right? Well, Joanne Immediately broke that little piece in half and gave me one. That is cool, eh?  I mean, I love the idea on how we are all in this together and it's always a good thing to be on the lookout on how to share with other people.  I/m glad Joanne did; it was inspiriing.

We are in the midst of a food drive, initiated by the Tuesday night Discussion group. As you can see from the picture below, they have collected a lot of food for the needy. I have a bag at home now and hope to fill it and bring it next week.


Until next time, have a blessed Nativity Fast!!


No comments:

Post a Comment