Monday, April 14, 2014

Visit #130 ~ How a bus will help me!

Public Transportation to the Rescue!
photo by Dennis Tsang, 
used under the creative commons license.
check out more photos here:  https://www.flickr.com/photos/dennistt/

Last Wednesday night was the last evening pre-sanctified Liturgy of Great Lent in our parish.  I remember that last year I was able to make two them (You can read about that here and here ☺) and I wanted to make sure that I went at least twice this year as well.  There are two things that make my participation in Divine Services a bit challenging. First, with my new job I get up at 2 am and that means by 7 pm I am very sleepy and second, my son has a new job as well and his schedule was different as well. During the winter, I didn't want to make him wait for me in the cold to pick him up because he would get out of work exactly the same time the Service was starting. So I would forgo the services . But, because it was warm last Wednesday, I told my son that he would have to wait for me to finish with Church because I really wanted to attend. My son is "special needs" and some common everyday  activities are hard for him but to his credit, at 7pm he decided to walk to the bus stop and take a bus home.  He was home by 7:30pm! So, now, I will be able to attend Vespers more consistently, since he is okay with taking a bus.

Wednesday's Service was beautiful, as usual.  Fr Ken arrived a bit late but he joined Fr. Gary at the altar. It was nice to see him again.  Sadly, because I had to work the next day, I left just before communion- about the time St. Ephrem's Lenten prayer.  I like that prayer because it involves all those prostrations and nothing helps you advance in humility like falling face down on the ground!

Lent is almost over and I did an abysmal job of it.  Oh, well, there's always next year!

Have a blessed Holy week everyone!

3 comments:

  1. What a blessing indeed! A profitable Holy Week to you! Will you be able to attend Pascha?

    ReplyDelete
  2. God willing, I'll be at Extreme Unction this Wednesday and Pascha at midnight

    ReplyDelete