Saturday, December 22, 2012

A Crowded House on my 82nd Visit!

a fad from the the 1950's
It was crowed at Vespers tonight! Okay, maybe not as bad as what is pictured above but, nevertheless, there seemed to be more people than usual for a Saturday Evening.  I wonder if, because we are so close to Christmas, that people make an extra effort to attend Vespers the Saturday night before the celebration of the Nativity? Maybe, they were all staying for confession afterwards. I don't know because I had to rush out and pick up my son from work but it looked like people were hanging around as I was leaving.

Before I left though, I had a nice conversation with Joann. But before I get to that, let me say that Vespers was beautiful this evening.  The choir sounded great and at one point a lone voice cried, "Out of the depths I cry to you, O Lord." To hear the Psalms sung like that really touched my soul! Thank God for the faithful choir members in our parish who lend their talents so that all may benefit.  I know that when the Psalms are chanted as they are, it helps me grow closer to God.

So as I was leaving, Joann grabbed my attention. She thanked me for sharing something on facebook, a link which I now cannot even remember doing. That means either I am getting old or I am posting too much on facebook; maybe both!  That led to a conversation about some old time Jesus music people. People like Barry McGuire, the 2nd Chapter of Acts and Andre Crouch.  These people really inspired me in my young life. I am happy to hear they are doing well. In fact, Joann shared a youtube video on her facebook page which I will share here. It's a great song; hope you enjoy.



I was glad to go to Vespers tonight. I missed last week because our protestant church had a Christmas dinner that our whole family went to. I was actually asked to to attend a youth Christmas party tonight so I could lead devotions but I said "no" because I knew I wanted to go to Vespers. Also, it doesn't look like I will be at the Orthodox Church either Christmas eve or Christmas day. But, God willing, I will go to the Divine Liturgy that is on the Thursday after Christma for the Syn-axis of the Most Holy Theotokos.

Have a Merry Christmas, dear readers and thank you for your constant prayers, kind thoughts and kind words!

I know it's early yet but.....Christ is Born! Glorify Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment