Monday, June 28, 2010

Taking time to Reconnect

couple-hold-hands-in-silhouette-at-sunset-16nov2008

This past weekend I worked for the Air Force. So after a busy Monday through Friday at my civlilain job I worked Saturday and Sunday for my military job. That leaves very little time for my family. I had wanted to go to Vespers Saturday but I believe I was needed at home.

So here I am involved in three churches-Our Family church where we all go Sunday mornings, the Church of the Nazarene, a Baptist church that offers contempary worship on Sunday Evenings where both my wife and I go and the Orhtodox Church of America Parish where I go alone when I go- and if I had to choose between them all, which would I choose. Well, I won't tell but I'll give a hint, the one I like is the One with the Sacraments, Bishops, Liturgy and 2000 year old history :) ...

I am looking forward to the time when I can commit to being a catechumen and get really involved in the life of the church...but I am not there yet because I do not want to abandon my family...Lord, have mercy...

So Saturday after working all day and not really seeing my wife all week, we went out for a walk on the beach. As you can see, I am working out my salvation, one day at time, remembering those whom God is put in my life.


photo by Mike Baird, used under the creative commons licesne.
check out his work at:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mikebaird/

No comments:

Post a Comment